Wednesday 5 April 2017

IN SEARCH OF PARTNERS¡¡¡

Hello everyone¡¡¡

As you know, in my last post I created a Visual metaphor to explain how to convert my Open Educational Project in collaborative.
Today in my blog we are going to look for partners for our collaborative project! For this I have been seeing a list where many projects of this type appear, such as The 30 goals Project or The Twima Project ,  so I have taken a look and I have chosen the one that was closest to what I am looking for! This is The ESL Times, a collaborative project where the reporters want to learn and enjoy together. 
By The ESL Times

The reason for my choice is because you can collaborate in many different activities. Also, the collaborative project that I have to choose, has to be associated with the subject developed in my project "What´s the weather like?" which is English, and Natural Sciences as a cross-curricular subject. For that reason, the best collaborative project I could join in is The ESL Times.

Apart from that, within their goals is working with the four language skills: reading, listening, writing, and speaking; which I think children at this age should work.  Other main goals are several:

 -          Working with the four language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing.

-          Encouraging reading in English

-          Using ICT when teaching/learning ESL

-          Promoting Collaborative work, team work, autonomous work.

-      Valuing the socio-cultural side of the English language.




By CTET Adda

This project offers many activities in which you can collaborate such as News, Surveys, Poems, Text o Comics. This is why I like it so much this collaborative Project. As you can remember, my final task will be a comic created by different group of students.

First of all, I need the members of this project to accept me so that I can collaborate together. For this I have done an  Elevator Pitch where I explain the main reasons why they should accept me as a collaborator. An elevator pitch is an enterprise technique to find financial support for a project in 20 seconds, that is, you have to say things in a clear way and to get to the point. Thus we can catch the attention of others with few words. From my point of view, it is a good way for students to expose their thoughts about any specific topic and considering that it only last 20 seconds all students have the opportunity to tell their opinion.

What I want to achieve with my elevator pitch is that The ESL Times accepts me in its collaborative project and in this way I can also collaborate. I hope they take it into account and I can learn a lot from them. Below you can see my elevator pitch:








The steps I´ve followed to create my elevator pitch are:

  •          Research about what an elevator pitch is.

  •           Record a short video where I explain why they have to accept me as a collaborative partner. You only have to answer 3 questions: what, why and how. That is what I want to do, Why I want to do, and How I want to do it.

  •          Edit my video with WEVIDEO. With this program I can cut the video, put music and titles. It´s easy to use.

  •          Share my elevator pitch through my YouTube’s channel.



In my opinion, I think that  The ESL Times is a really completed project where I like so much to collaborate. In my view, either teacher as students can learn a lot with this project. So, I hope they accept me as a collaborator.


I have to say that WeVideo is a great tool where you can edit o remove videos and it has a lot of advantages for us as a teacher. It has a lot of themes, music or types of letters to edit you videos, as a teacher you can use it for presentations in class with your students. I´m sure I will use this tool more times¡

To conclude, I would like to highlight that with the 2 lasts challenges I have learned a lot about Collaborative projects and I think that it´s necessary for today´s education. The teachers of today are the ones in charge of giving a push to the traditional education and for that reason I see necessary all this that we are learning today.

I hope you like my post of today and, as well as me, you have learned a lot¡



No comments:

Post a Comment